Justice Ashutosh Mohunta
Date Of Birth :
B.A. (Hons), L.L.B
Originally belongs to Sirsa in Haryana, enrolled as an Advocate in the year 1977 in the Punjab and Haryana High Court, Chandigarh and started practice under his father, late shri S.C.Mohunta who was the then Advocate General, Haryana. Practiced in Civil, Criminal and Constitutional matters. Had been Additional Central Government Standing Counsel in Punjab and Haryana High court in the year 1990. Had been Senior Central Government Standing Counsel for the Government of India during 1998-2001.
Elevated as permanent Judge of the Punjab and Haryana High court on 2nd July 2001. Transferred to High court of Andhra Pradesh and assumed charge on 28th October 2010. Re-transferred as Judge of Punjab and Haryana High Court and assumed charge of office on 26th June 2014. Took over as Acting Chief Justice of Punjab and Haryana High Court on 26th July 2014 upto 15th December 2014. Superannuated on 24th February 2015.
He joined as a Member, Punjab State Human Rights Commission on 23rd September 2016.
Ms. Avinash Kaur
Father's Name :
Late S. Kartar Singh Vaid
Date Of Birth :
Posts Held :
- Worked as District President Istry Akali Dal (Urban), Hoshiarpur
- Ex President, District Bar Association, Hoshiarpur
- General Secretary, Legal Cell, SAD, Hoshiarpur
Social Activities :
- Regular follow up on the issues relating to Human Rights and Women extortion cases in the District
- Run tree plantation drive to save environment at public places.
- Help the poor in girls marriages.
- Conduct free legal aid clinics for the poor and uneducated people.
- Conduct camps at villages for boosting education among the people at remote areas.
Joined as a Member, Punjab State Human Rights Commission on 22nd December 2016.